Monday, May 1, 2017

Off to a Fresh Start with Blogging Buddies!

Looking back on my previous posts, you'll notice 5+ years have passed since I've been blogging here. Time and time again I've been tempted to jump back in, but something always seems to divert me. No longer, however. Now is the time to start again.

Why now? What was the spark that ignited my blogging aspirations again? Enter ISTE's Ed Tech Coaches Blogging BuddiesWe're a group of 50 people signed up from 8 different countries and 19 different States in the U.S. who are blogging about education, educational technology, and coaching. We've been arranged into smaller groups to to connect, network, and learn from each other via blogging. We just received our buddy lists and I can't wait to get started learning with Katie, Leslie, Rahila, and Knikole!



This community of edtech bloggers reminds me of another wonderful blog sharing community, Quadblogging. Quadblogging was the brainchild of @DeputyMitchell, whom I met at the 2010 Google Teacher Academy in London. With Quadblogging, classes sign up to be blogging buddies. Students at my former school found this to be rewarding as we connected with other classes from around the world through our student showcase blog

Interested in jumpstarting your blog? Or maybe your blog is flourishing, but you'd love to continue to build your PLN?  Consider joining us - it's not too late to sign up and learn with a group of like-minded blogging buddies.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Tara, I'm very excited to learn with you too! I'm glad this will be the encouragement you've needed to help you get back to blogging. Hard to believe, but Blogging Buddies is already up to 65 people from 10 countries and 23 states!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! We're in the same boat. I'm looking forward to getting over my blogging hump and simply making it a part of what I do regularly. Looking forward to learning with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tara,
    My blog has been a sporadic project for the last few years. I am hoping that with the help of my wonderful buddies, I can be more consistent with it. I look forward to working with you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete